June 29, 2010 Leave a comment
First of all, some site-monitoring-worthy stuff:
- I’m honored and amazed that all you Five Guys people are using my blog to try and find out when Five Guys in Gainesville is opening. But I honestly don’t know when . I assure you I pass by the damn place every day hoping it opens, but it hasn’t. Yet.
- For all of you summer B freshmen who are trying to look for recruitment/rush stuff for the up and coming fall semester, I’m sorry, this definitely isn’t the site to check haha. Someone recently searched “uf sorority blog” and decided to come upon this page. I chuckled at the sight of it for a moment.
- Apparently a good number of you really like news about Kate Gosselin…for whatever reason I don’t know. Maybe my description of her helped though.
So admittedly I was going to actually do a health-related commentary…then I lost the article…and then I went to sleep and forgot all about it. Such is the life of me. Anyway, this is still somewhat health related…but in the weird, not-so-cool, almost gross way.
- The Japanese are crazy. They have crazy game shows where the punishments would be considered border-line human-rights violations in the United States. They have crazy gadgets that seem like miniature Rube Goldberg machines of sorts because they look so complicated and yet do one simple task. They even have freaking crazy toilets that probably let you browse the web or, erm, do other things while sitting on that toilet seat that probably is warming or cooling your buttocks. But they also have crazy sodas, and the Pepsi Strong Shot is one of them. Yes it’ll keep you wired for days…but apparently it has so much carbon dioxide that if you open it before letting it stand for 15 seconds you can expect a can of WHA-BAM on your face. Seriously.
- Speaking of the Japanese, there is a graduate student of an Art School there who created a menstruation machine for men to experience the (supposed) horrors of girls’ periods. You know, the times when someone you know just gets incredibly pissy for seemingly no reason? I’m kind of messing around, but girls this is a good idea to make your boys feel absolute and excruciating pain. Just tell them it’s a 15-min ab machine or something. But really, this machine is kind of gross in its implementation…it really takes it to a next level. (Kind of NSFW…but not really…but kind of).
- So remember when Stacy, Marilyn, Will and I went on that Spicy Chicken + $1 McCafe adventure and we were enlightened by the thing that is the McGangBang? Apparently there are many secret items on many menus across the U.S…and this includes a Captain Crunch Berry Frap at Starbucks which apparently is just a very berry strawberry frap with a shot of hazelnut…which tastes exactly like the cereal. There are some others at Starbucks, Burger King and McDonalds as well, as well as some places I’ve never heard of before.
- This should be on everyone’s bucket list: to break a Guinness World Record. And it should be memorable, no doubt. But the world’s longest eyelash? That just seems…I don’t know…not gross…but not necessarily fulfilling.
These next posts aren’t health related. I mean I could make them that way, but that’d require work. And this is a leisure blog.
- Hulu Plus is real. Notice I said PLUS…Hulu isn’t switching to a subscription based model, they’re just adding it on as a nice option to watch older episodes and shows. $10/month, and it enables access from iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC/Mac, etc. Some people are complaining that you can still see ads and that it’s not worth the money. I say this: aren’t you paying for $50/mo cable that still has ads anyway? Put Discovery Channel and Food Network stuff on there, and I will never complain about no cable again.
- Yes, the new Harry Potter trailer is out. And it looks intense as hell. And Emma Watson looks hotter than ever. Yes, I have a
- A Peruvian Guinea Pig Festival. Seems like fun right? Might even seem cute…the guinea pigs dress up and play with each other and are fed a lot of yummies. But you really don’t want to know what happens after they’re fattened up…don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- FIFA opens up the opportunity for goal-line technology…this is about as credible as North Korea saying they want peace.